TIPS TO AVOID ILLNESS FROM HOME CANNING

Vancouver – As the first local fruits and vegetables of summer start to ripen, the BC Centre for Disease Control is reminding people to practice safe home canning. Improper canning can lead to botulism, a serious form of food poisoning that can cause death. In the past three years, three people in BC have been hospitalized after eating home-canned foods. One person became ill after eating home-canned green beans, another after eating fermented salmon roe and a third from watermelon jelly purchased from a charity. To prevent illness: Always follow the recipe. Do not reduce the time or pressure specified in the recipe. When a recipe calls for a pressurized canner, never substitute with the boi

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square

Onsite Immunization and Wellness

604-558-3344
  • w-facebook

6911 King George Blvd, Surrey, British Columbia

8820 120th Street Unit 101, Surrey, British Columbia

© 2020 Onsite Immunization and Wellness Ltd.